Neuroscience makes its way into marketing and advertising
Expert opinion of the method by Prof. Dr. Dr. Gerhard Roth
In the graduation thesis, which Martin Amann wrote as part of his MBA-degree on Cognitive Neuroscience (Academy of Neuroscience – aon), the LimbiCODE® method was described comprehensively. In order to prove that it is applicable in practice, two TV spots by Ticinella (2009 spot vs 2013 spot) were tested in a study (n=967) by means of emotion tracking (implicit) as well as a catalogue of questions (explicit). The results were analyzed based on the six LimbiCODE® personas. The results demonstrate clearly, which personas recognise the spot as a reward and which don’t.
The method also offers clear evidence, where exactly optimization potential exists.
The MBA-dissertation, titled: “Can the effectiveness and efficiency of advertising activities be increased by segmentation according to limbic types?” received a very high rating of 5.7 (on the Swiss rating scale with 6 being the highest) by Prof. Dr. Dr. Gerhard Roth.
The knowledge transfer from research to economy
The Academy of Neuroscientific Education Management (AFNB) is the world’s largest education center of neuroscience.
AFNB’s task is to present neuroscientific findings in such a way that they are accessible and usable for the general public as well as the economy.
Academy of Neuroscience, Prof. Dr. Dr. Gerhard Roth
As part of a co-operation between AFNB and Prof. Dr. Dr. Gerhard Roth the Academy of Neuroscience (aon) was established, which offers a degree ‘Master of Cognitive Neuroscience’. These forward-looking courses of studies cover knowledge in sub-divisions, basics, learning processes, perception, emotion, motivation & decision, consciousness, communication and health. All lecturers are held by well-known national and international professors.
We offer keynote speeches, lectures and professional contributions covering the following topics:
Marketing & advertising
- Strategic brand management based on neuroscientific findings
- Structuring marketing activitiesin order to activate the target group’s reward system
- Simple – effective and successful advertising
For HR and everyone with managerial responsibilities
- Why the limbic profile of companies, jobs, managers and their subordinates should match
- Which limbic profile does a candidate need to fit the role perfectly?
- Successful teams thanks to “Neuro”
- Who are suitable partners for a start-up?
- Why do so many start-ups fail?
- The 10 goldenneuro-rules for start-ups
- Happy relationships are mainly a matter of the mind
Some of our clients
- Environmental Agency, Basel (Amt für Umwelt, Basel)
- Efficiency Club Zurich
- Euroforum (Banking Summit)
- Swiss Marketing Clubs (various)
- Rotary Clubs (various)
- Salzmann Omnipack (various)
- Economic Club Zug (Wirtschaftsclub Zug)
We offer individual seminars & workshops
Neuro is a topic, which has interested companies and academic institutes for more than a decade
In the past years the topic neuro marketing has advanced a lot and has established itself. When we ran seminars, workshops and further education about neuro marketing in 2009, only pioneers, who are interested in innovative methods, participated. Today, many companies and educational institutes consider how to use “neuro”.
More than 100 speeches, seminars and training since 2011
We have been fascinated by “neuro” for almost 20 years and have made it our task to take this topic into the world. We are delighted that “neuro” is now well-established and are convinced that in the years to come most companies and educational institutes will be using “neuro” for one or another application.
Are you interested in a speech or seminar?
Please contact us if you like to book a seminar (with or without workshop) about a topic of your choice.
Clients of our seminars and workshops (in alphabetical order)
- Cantonal bank of Grison (Graubündner Kantonalbank)
- Henkel Germany, Italy, France
- Manner, Wien
- Migros co-operation (various)
- Mobiliar insurance
- Nestlé Switzerland, Vevey (various)
- SRF – Swiss radio and TV
Lecturer activity (in alphabetic order)
- Politechnic college, Bern (BFH)
- Chiway Academie, Winterthur
- Dual college, Baden Württemberg, Lörrach
- ETH Zurich
- Henkel Training & Development CEE (lecturer for more than 20 years)
- ipi, Neuhausen
- SVI – Swissinstitute for packaging
- Thai Packaging Centre (Scientific Research Institute of Thailand’s Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangkok)
- Zurich Academy for applied science (ZHAW – Zürcher Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaft)
Professional articles for download (in German only)
- Content Marketing für alle – 2017-01 (EMS)
- Das limbische System und der Käsekonsum (in Zusammenarbeit mit der BFH und Marketagent / 2015)
- Titel 2014-11.pdf (Med&Move)
- Interview “7 Fragen an Martin Amann” 08-2017 (www.etextera.ch)
- Hirn aktivieren 2015-12 (Werbewoche)
- Interview (in English) 2014-01 (Soma Society)
- Limbisches Markteing: So ticken Schweizer 2012-09 (Computerworld)
- Interview 2012-02 (Verpackungsrundschau)
- Interview in 2010-09 (Marketing & Kommunikation)